Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Beautyblender vs. Kabuki Makeup Brush


I decided to jump on the bandwagon and pick myself up a Beautyblender Original Makeup Sponge. This product has been raved about for months, but I always thought "hmm, it's a sponge, it can't be that great, can it?" So here I am, a week into buying it and let me just say that old me was very silly, this product is definitely a must buy, but is it better than a foundation brush? Well, let me tell you my experience.

I have been using
Kabuki Makeup Brush to apply my foundation for a long time so I thought it would be best to compare both these products.
PROFESSIONAL KABUKI MAKEUP BRUSH
I pump a few drops of foundation onto my hand and then apply it from my hand onto my face starting at my chin and going in an anti-clockwise direction around my face. When using my Kabuki Makeup Brush, I find it quite a quick task, I apply a moderately even base and I have okay coverage.


I do however, find it difficult to get the
Kabuki Makeup Brush into little creases like the skin at the corner of my eyes or around my nose, I usually have to use my fingers to get good coverage on these areas. I also find it that sometimes the Kabuki Makeup Brush may leave brush lines on my face which is not a good look at all!

BEAUTYBLENDER
I apply with my Beautyblender in the same way as I do with my Kabuki Makeup Brush, by taking the product from the back of my hand. I press down the product into my skin with the Beautyblender which gives better coverage and avoids any brush strokes or lines.

The only problem I seem to have with my
Beautyblender is that it is hard to apply product right under my eyes as I don't want to push the Beautyblender right into my eyes as it is dangerous and would most likely hurt very badly.
OVERALL
I definitely think Beautyblender wins this round and I am sure to be buying a load more, but of course I am still up for trying different brushes to do my foundation with.

No comments:

Post a Comment